RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Monday, August 01, 2005

Oil Market and Emotion

Warm Greetings,

Today, King Fahd of Saudi Arabia passed away. Oil futures closed above $61.00. King Fahd will be succeeded by King Abdullah. Wait a second, King Fahd had a stroke several years ago and King Abdullah has been basically a figurehead since then. Abdullah has been ruling the kingdom since the stroke. Riyadh is saying that oil policy is not changing.

What am I missing here? This is a prime example of either markets acting on emotion or prices being controlled. If the news is correct, then nothing else makes sense.

On another note, I am trying to start a running program for myself to get back into decent shape. Trying to complete my MBA and having a family caused my fitness to lapse. Anyway, no excuses now. Ran and walked 1.5 miles today.

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home