RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Power of One Extra Phone Call

Warm summer greetings!

A great book to read is Don't Fire Them, Fire Them Up by Frank Pacetta. (Thank you Dick Canada for suggesting it!) It's one of those fantastic chearleading books with great ideas on how to manage your sales team. If this book can't get you motivated, I'm not sure what can!

The other day, I was reflecting on the thought of making one extra phone call each day. Pacetta lays out the concept pretty good in his book. According to Pacetta, "Excellence is not easy to achieve... in the end you simply have to grind it out." It takes dedication but you never know what will happen with that extra phone call.

1 extra phone call per day = 365 extra phone calls. If you make an appointment with 10% of your phone calls, you've made 36.5 extra appointments. 3 extra per month.

I was discussing this concept with a small group of motivated women who sell Discovery Toys. We were all blown away by that simple statistic. 3 extra parties per month with one simple phone call per day.

It's time to grind it out. Make that extra phone call. It will pay dividends.

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

1 Comments:

Blogger Troy Worman said...

Well done. Keep on blogging!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home