RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A shout out to the Wizard

My friend Dan and I have a morning ritual. We call each other and check in. It could be just a good morning or it could be a long conversation on business philosophy. We touch it all from finance, marketing, management, etc. It's always a joy and always useful.

Dan called me this morning and asked "Have you looked at Roy's website lately and checked out his blogs?"

"No, I haven't checked on him lately," I replied.

He knows how I've been disappointed in the writings of one of our favorite marketers. Dan urged me to check it out again. So I did.

All I can say is "Wow! He's back!"

Let me fill you in on "The Wizard of Ads!" aka Roy Williams. Roy writes the Monday Morning Memo. This might qualify as one of the original blogs. It is so original that you used to get it on your fax machine every monday morning. (Yes, the good old days before everyone had the internet!) He still does the Monday Morning Memo over e-mail and the internet. I highly recommend it.

Each monday, Roy educates you, free of charge, on the finest aspects of marketing. Not just on cpm and other marketing terms. Roy takes you deep into recesses of the consumers brain and shows you how the consumer makes decisions. He shows you how the consumer responds to each of his senses. Where else can you learn about Broca's area of the brain?

Ofcourse, Roy offers much more. He offers marketing courses, advertising consulting, seminars and other fine services. He also makes it fun.

Roy, I'm glad Dan had me visit your website again. I have re-subscribed to the MMM and am eagerly anticipating each issue. Keep up the good work! Thanks for being a pioneer.

If you are interested in the Monday Morning Memo, please check out http://www.wizardacademy.com/memo.asp . It'll make you think.

Enough of the commercial.

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home