RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bob Knight Retires

Coach Bob Knight retired yesterday from Texas Tech. As a proud IU alum, people have asked me what I think. First of all, I have a lot of respect for Coach Knight. He is a great coach if not the greatest coach of all time. Sure he had his issues but he also did a lot of good. He graduated his players, made them into better men, ran a clean program, gave back to the University and usually won at least 20 games a year.

He will be missed but since he left IU I haven't followed him as much. Kind of funny how that happens. I guess that's part of life after college and growing up.

Am I surprised that he quit mid-season? It seems a bit odd to me. Hopefully, there's not more to the story than what is being said. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if more comes out. I do know that he had planned on turning the reins over to his son so it's not like Texas Tech is in a lurch. It looks like he just left on his own terms.

Good luck, Coach Knight and thank you for the memories. Thank you also for signing a book for me and helping teach me a little about life. I will miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home