RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Thursday, October 06, 2005

As easy as buckling up!


First cool day of Autumn greetings,

Yesterday, my confidence was shaken to its core. All my life, I thought I was doing it right. It is so easy but yet I was wrong...

The police were at the safety fare with a device that stimulates a crash at 7 miles per hour. The dare devil that I am, I climb into their contraption. The officer asks me to buckle myself in and so I do.

"Is this how you always buckle yourself in?" The officer asked this in a voice in which I knew I had done something wrong.

"Yes, is something wrong officer?" I really felt like I was getting a ticket. People were staring at me.

"You buckled yourself in wrong, sir," was the officer's reply.

I was shocked. He had to be joking. How hard is it to do this. You bring the belt over and click it. Yet, I was dreadfully wrong.

The officer took the time to show me how to properly strap myself in. He then let the machine go. Boooom! Jolt went my body. I then learned that if I had the seatbelt on in my normal manner, I would really hurt myself in an accident. Thank you CPD for pointing this out to me.

Have you ever thought you were doing something right, only to find out you were wrong? Doing the basics right is sometimes the difference between winning and losing. How many times has a well drilled basketball or baseball team beaten the flashier team? These teams drill for hours on end on the basics. Good teams and good businesses are constantly training and retraining on the little things. The things that often are left for granted can mean the difference, like buckling up.

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home