RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My Name is Earl

TV Show Greetings:

Karma is an amazing thing. According to the new commedy, My Name is Earl, Karma is when you do good things and good things happen. If you do bad things then they come back and haunt you. Earl is tired of bad things happening to him and is convinced that they occur because he is a bad guy. To rectify the situation, Earl has made a list of everybody he has wronged and is out to make it up to all these people.

Karma, according to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, is the force generated by a person's actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate transmigration and in its ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence. I'm not sure if Earl has totally thought this one out but he is only a TV character.

Does a form of karma exist in this world? I tend to think that it does. I'm not saying that bad things happen to only bad people. Unfortunately, life doesn't play that way. However, if you are thinking with a positive mental attitude, you can persevere through many hardships. If you try to do good things then you often are rewarded some way in life.

It would be interesting to do a test. How many good things can you do in one month and how are you rewarded? You could also be like Earl and make a list of your wrongs and try to make them right. What could happen?

It's late and I'm beginning to ramble. Let me know what you think. I'm always interested in reading comments. If you like my writing, I would appreciate you sending this to a friend.

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

Link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RGH -
Thanks for checking out my blog. I quite enjoyed your posting on Earl as well - I very much believe in Karma :)
You have a fruitful day as well...
Cedarchick

8:45 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Hi RGH,

Thanks also for visiting my blog, I appreciated your comments on public speaking.

The concept of karma, or the law of sowing and reaping, or the many variations on those, really works on the internet as well.

You get some who, like yourself, visit other people's blogs in order to make a real, human connection, and get rewarded in return.

Then there are people who know this kind of reciprocity exists and try to exploit it with automatic comment bots... they miss the whole point of the richness of connections the internet can bring.

So thanks again for popping by my blog, and thanks for what you're writing here. I've subscribed to your RSS feed and will keep in touch.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home