RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Monday, September 26, 2005

Increasing Productivity Marginally

Time Starved Greetings:

What would you do with one extra hour per day? I constantly ask that question to myself. My answer is usually solve the world's problems or get that extra hour of sleep. Too bad, we only have 24 of them. (440 minutes)

We are all too busy. I know I am. I know you are. (By the way, thank you for taking the time to read this blog. Hopefully, you are finding value.) Increasing our productivity even takes time because you have to learn the secrets on it. (Or at least get the self help tapes to listen to in the car on the way to whatever we do.)

There are some quick ways to increase productivity. I think a lot of it lies in increasing productivity marginally. Simple, consistent and easy steps sometimes wins the race against drastic changes. (That's what an old turtle once told me. Hey, he beat the rabbit.)

In an earlier blog, we spoke of the power of making one extra phone call. What if we took that idea and expanded it to other areas of our lives? Dr. Stephen Covey often asks us to think about that one little thing that if we did it on a consistent basis would improve our lives. What is it in yours? Why aren't you doing it? (I am asking myself the same thing and it usually comes back to exercising more or watching less TV.)

It's really working the margins of our lives and time. Doing that one little thing will make a difference.

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

p.s. If you are finding this blog valuable, I would be honored if you would e-mail it to a friend. You can do this by clicking on that little envelope at the bottom of the posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home