RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy Chinese New Year! 4706 begins today and it is the year of the Rat! "Chinese months are reckoned by the lunar calendar, with each month beginning on the darkest day. New Year festivities traditionally start on the first day of the month and continue until the fifteenth, when the moon is brightest. In China, people may take weeks of holiday from work to prepare for and celebrate the New Year," according to Holly Smith at the website www.infoplease.com. (There should be a link in the title.)

Speaking of Rats, yes I am a proud Rat as well. According to Buddha, I have some of the characteristics. I'm hoping they are the good ones like quick-witted and charming. However, I've been noticing my nose twitches quite a bit and I love cheese.

Day 2 of the Purpose Driven Life. My life was not an accident. There is a plan. It's pretty humbling knowing that but it is also somewhat tough to believe. I struggle with this one because I am more of a believer of "If its going to be it's up to me." The objectivism that Ayn Rand teaches in Atlas Shrugged is more my style. Each person should be valued by the productive outputs they provide society. However, that could be the purpose, I suppose. Anyway, something to ponder.

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home