RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Exponential Power of Networking

Unusually Wet Greetings:

Sometimes during your life, you stumble upon a tidbit of knowledge that just amazes you. One of these was taught to me during an Information Technology course at DePaul. According to the textbook Information Management Practice by Barbara C. McNurlin and Ralph H. Sprague, Jr. and New Rules for the New Economy by Kevin Kelly:

The value of a network increases exponentially with each new connection! This happens because for every connection made so many new connections are created. If you have a network of 3 people, there is a possibility of 6 one-on-one connections. A network of 4 creates 12 one-to-one connections, 5 creates 20 one-to-one connections.

My friends, I'm going to leave you tonight to ponder this rule and how it applies to your personal network and relationships. How much more valuable will your personal network be by developing one new contact? It's pretty staggering isn't it?

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home