RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Thursday, September 08, 2005

What's new? Evolving Guerrila Marketing

Greetings:

One of the first business books that totally inspired me was Gurrilla Marketing completely revised and updated for the '90s by Jay Conrad Levinson. (Thank you Bill Schoolman!) I was just flipping through the pages of it and a statistic struck me. According to the book, which was published in 1993, VCR penetration was nearing 80%. He concluded that this adds to the attractiveness of video brochures. I think in 1993 that was a pretty big deal.

Guess what? Internet access in 2004 according to website optimization, www.websiteoptimization.com/bw/0403/, is at nearly 75%. Broadband access is considered to be around 50% with market saturation at 75% according to John Dvorak's column in CBS Marketwatch that was posted today.

A little over ten years, we were recording TV shows and watching movies through the VCR. Today, 1/2 of us can watch streaming video on our computers. Most of us are getting digital cable with the DVR function. Forget the video brochure, we are sending video over the internet to the person's workstation.

It's amazing what can change in just 10 years. If you think about it, in just 5 years technology changes.

How will your marketing and business evolve?

Pop quiz time: The answer to the last trivia question is Jonas Grumby was the name of the Skipper on Gilligan's Island. (It was in the New York Times article that I posted.) Does anyone know the Professor's name? Feel free to post your answer.

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technology continues to change, but if you don't employ the same time-tested marketing principles you'll still end up watching reruns!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home