RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bob Knight on Graduating Players


According to today's Indianapolis Star, Coach Bob Knight was on Jay Leno last night. This is what he said on graduating players:

On his players’ academic success: “I think we probably had the highest graduation rate of anybody,” Knight said. “I wanted (my players) to be afraid not to graduate.” He wanted his players to think, ‘Hey, he might not renew our scholarship.’ … I think that when I take your son, I want you to feel after four years that it’s been worthwhile. I want you to be able to say, ‘Hey, thanks for what you’ve done.’ I think the major responsibility that any college coach has who recruits kids is to see that those kids graduate. I mean, why else are they there?”

For all the reasons, people dislike Coach Knight, this is a big reason he is beloved.

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

PS The photo is from the summer and thought it might be nice to post something that reminded me of warmer times instead of how we are all freezing up in Buffalo.

Labels: , , ,

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home