RGH's Blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Today, inspiration to write and share information shot through my mind like a rocket. Racing home, I commenced this process. My hope is to create value for you and me.

Google
 

Monday, September 12, 2005

Making life easy for your customers!

September Greetings:

Why do companies make it difficult to do business with them? Why is it sometimes difficult to pay a company for their product? Doesn't this contradict everything we know about customer service?

Recently, I had to purchase clothes for an unexpected presentation that I had to make. My friends told me where to shop and told me that I would love this particular department store. It was going to be simple! All I had to do was buy a dress shirt, dress pants, and shoes.

Pretending to be the professional retail shopper, I proceed into the store. (No salesperson to be found.) Quickly, I locate the men's department and decide upon a shirt and pants. The shoe department is next. Studying the poor selection of dress shoes, I find a pair that would suffice. (I'm feeling pretty good about this since I was shopping by myself.)

I then proceed to wait in line to pay for all of my items in the shoe department. I wait. I wait some more. Finally, it's my turn! I plop my goods on the counter and whip out the credit card. I am then told that I can only pay for my shoes at that counter. The rest of my purchases would have to be done with the front cashiers. I ask if I can pay for the shoes up front and the woman says no.

I argue. I lose. I go to the front. Again, I wait. Again, I wait some more.

Finally, once again, it's my turn! The woman asks if I found everything. I ask her if they have handkerchiefs. She replies that they do but I would have to go to the back of the store to get them. I reply that they aren't necessary. I then make my second transaction at the store and leave.

Guess what? I didn't enjoy the store because they made it too complicated for me to buy anything. I'm not going back there. Ever.

No matter what your line of business, whether you are in retail, mlm, professional services or any other business, please make it easy for your customers to purchase from you. It will keep them happy and coming back which means more revenue for you!

Pop Quiz Time: As we follow the Gilligan's Island theme, what was Mary Ann's last name on the show? The answer to the last pop quiz is: Roy Hinkley! By the way, someone actually knew the Skipper's name.

Have a fruitful day,

RGH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home